- For the first 24 hours after the application of lash extension do not allow water to come into contact with the lashes
- Do not use sauna or steam for the first 24 hours
- Do not pick, pull or rub your eyelashes
- You can rinse your lashes with water and put them dry gently with a towel, however do not rub your lashes while washing them
- Make up remover has to be oil free as oils can damage the bonding agent and cause your lash extensions to fall out
- Avoid the use of creams or cleaners containing oils (especially around the eye area)
- If you do tint your eyelashes, this should be done before the application of eyelash extensions
- After the semi-permanent make up, you have to wait at least 4 weeks to have your eyelashes done
- Mascara: I do not recommend wearing it often. However, if you do choose to wear mascara it is important that you do not use a waterproof mascara as these require oil based removers which can affect the bonding of your eyelash extensions and cause them to fall out prematurely. If you do want to wear mascara for a night out, apply only to the tips to accentuate the ends/lengths. Do not start from the base of lashes
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Do not wear eye makeup. Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
- Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
- Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions.